Learn about Rainbow Service Organization
Rainbow Service Organization (RSO) is committed to promoting, advocating, and celebrating the interests of the Queer, Questioning, Lesbian, Bisexual, Two-Spirited, Transgender, and Gay community.
RSO is a volunteer-run non-profit community organization based in Peterborough, Ontario since 1993.
- To act as a catalyst to bring the queer, questioning, lesbian, bisexual, two-Spirit, transgender and gay (LGBTQ*) community together in a way that respects our common and diverse interests and
our collective struggle. honours
- To provide supportive, comfortable, safe, non-judgmental environments and opportunities where LGBTQ* individuals and groups can socialize, learn and interact.
- To act as a referral source to LGBTQ* individuals and groups with medical, legal, spiritual or psychological needs.
- To provide an accessible space for centralized resources on sexual orientation and related issues for the LGBTQ* community, professional agencies and the general population.
- To provide regular social activities which are sensitive to the varying interests of the LGBTQ* community.
- Inclusiveness that recognizes and celebrates diversity
- Community, not isolation
- Caring and supportive
- Zero tolerance of discrimination of any kind
- Work within legal structures but question them if need be
- We are a learning organization
- Advocacy and information support tolerance and acceptance.